Effective Date: November 24, 2020
Collection of Personal Information
JIS collects personal information from you when you contact us by phone, email, subscribe to a mailing list, submit a “contact us” form, when you purchase products from our ecommerce site and through other on-line technologies, such as on-line chat and technologies that analyze shopping trends and review user activity to improve your shopping experience. Personal information that may be collected includes: email address, JIS account password, name, address, zip code, telephone number, gender, age, date of birth, billing address, shipping address, and credit\debit card number (your credit\debit card number will not be stored by JIS, it will be relayed to our credit card processor). Other information we may collect includes pages you visit on our sites, products you view and products you purchase.
We, along with the service providers that help us provide the Site, use “cookies”, which are small computer files sent to or accessed from your web browser or your device that contain information about your computer, such as a user ID, user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using the Site. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier.
The Site may use data collection tools to collect information from the device used to access the Site, such as operating system type, browser type, domain and other system settings, as well as the operating system used and the country and time zone in which the computer or device is located.
Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
By using this Site you consent to have these Cookies installed on your device. Cookies may be cleared manually within your browser’s settings. To see your specific browser’s instructions on how to clear Cookies, please follow the appropriate link below:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/9098093
- Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027947/windows-delete-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Opera: https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/clear-your-browsing-history-sfri47acf5d6/mac
Although users are not required to accept cookies, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Services. This site ignores “Do Not Track” browser settings.
Use of Personal Information
Your personal information is used to fulfill your orders, help prevent fraud, create marketing campaigns and comply with legal requirements. We may use your information in the following ways:
- Process your orders.
- Communicate with you about your orders or other requests.
- Process returns\refunds.
- Advertising campaigns and promotional offerings.
- Product analytics.
- Site Registration and account maintenance.
Further, we may share and disclose information as described at the time information is collected or as follows:
- When you consent. We may share Personal Information with third parties if you have given us your consent to do so.
- With third-party service providers performing services on our behalf. We share information, including Personal Information, with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them (such as hosting and data analyses). We may share information as needed to operate other related services. Please see Third Party Disclosures, below, for a list and description of these third-parties.
- For legal purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users, as needed, to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share Personal Information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- In aggregated form. We may share Personal Information about you in an aggregated form—that is, in a statistical or summary form that does not include any personal identifiers—with third parties in order to discover and reveal trends about how users like you interact with our services.
- During corporate changes. We may transfer information, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of us or any affiliated company (in each case whether in whole or in part).
The Site is not intended for use by children. JIS has no means to determine the age of those visiting our site and do not knowingly collect or distribute personal information belonging to minors. If you believe your minor child has provided personal information to us, please contact Customer Service at 800-752- 1700 ext. 18519 or write us at 6400 E. Industrial Lane, Leavenworth, IN 47137 (please allow thirty (30) days to respond to written inquiries).
JIS does not sell, collect rent for or trade personal information. JIS shares only as much personal information to third-parties as is necessary to facilitate the servicing of your order; including packing and shipping products to you. JIS will share your personal information if required by law, judicial or administrative order. JIS may also share your personal information with law enforcement should JIS become aware of illegal activity and, if deemed necessary; to protect its employees, customers, shareholders or other related third-parties. JIS will not be held liable for any damages that may be incurred by your sharing personally identifiable information with JIS.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to California law, California residents are afforded certain rights related to their information. Specifically, California residents may request and receive (1) the categories of personal information JIS has collected about that consumer; (2) the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; (3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information; (4) the categories of third parties with whom JIS shares personal information; and (5) the specific pieces of personal information JIS has collected about that consumer.
JIS does not discriminate in any way against an individual exercising his or her rights under any relevant data privacy statute or regulation, including the California Consumer Privacy Act.
JIS takes reasonable steps to ensure California residents have the ability to correct, amend, delete or limit the use their Personal Information and to exercise other rights that may be available under applicable law. Requests made pursuant to California’s Privacy Laws should be made by contacting JIS at 800-752- 1700 or email email@example.com.
You may change your privacy settings at any time, including:
- Update your personal information.
- Subscribe or unsubscribe from advertising and promotional campaigns.
- Delete\Deactivate your account.
JIS will maintain historical copies of your personal information only as necessary for account maintenance and in no event will personal information be stored 30 days after an account is deleted.
JIS utilizes industry standards technology and best practices to protect your data, including:
- Passwords to control access to your account and help protect your information.
- Encryption technology to help protect your payment information during transport across the Internet (Look for “https” or the image of a closed lock or solid key in the URL field of your browser window).
- Security systems to prevent unauthorized access to locations where personally identifiable information might be stored.
JIS takes the security of your information seriously, but even the best security measures can be circumvented and JIS is not responsible for any damages you may incur associated with sharing personally identifiable information with JIS.
Links to Third Parties
JIS may provide links or widgets to interact with social media sites, or related companies such as partners and sister companies, JIS makes no warranties express or implied regarding the safety and security of these sites. When you follow a link to a third-party website, you agree to the respective privacy and security policies of the websites you visit.
JIS may retain and use your information to fulfill legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements. Your information may also be retained for use in data analytics to help provide you with the best products and services